Software Engineers (Multiple Positions)
NewPace Communications Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Canada, develops mobile communications software for the world’s largest telephone companies.
NewPace is now accepting applications for several Software Engineer positions, working on application system design and development. Ideal candidates will demonstrate they are:
- A detailed oriented person who can translate business requirements into code
- A proactive self-starter willing to take ownership, advocate on behalf of the customer and think outside of the box
- Entrepreneurial and willing to contribute to team success.
This position will be based out of our Bedford, NS location but may require international travel.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent experience
- UNIX operating systems
- Network programming (TCP and UDP)
- Databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra)
- Web application servers (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, Websphere)
- Telecommunications protocols (e.g. SIP, RTP, ISUP, TCAP, Diameter)
- Source code control systems (e.g Git, CVS, SVN, Mercurial, ClearCase)
- Object-oriented analysis and design
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Software analysis, design, development, testing and documentation of software with little supervision.
- Troubleshooting software issues and implementing fixes under time pressures.
- Assisting management with project scoping and scheduling.
- Interfacing as necessary with other internal groups such as Product Testing, Database Administration and System Administration.
- Application support and deployment of applications and systems.
Due to our requirement to support a wide geographic area, candidates who are proficient in a language other than English are encouraged to highlight their linguistic capabilities and international experience on their resume.
Compensation & Benefits
NewPace considers competitive salaries as part of an overall compensation strategy. Salary levels are tied to your experience, role within the company and general market, and are supplemented by a generous benefits package.
Comprehensive benefits are important to attract qualified individuals to NewPace, to remain competitive within the industry, and to ensure you remain with us. We offer a competitive benefits package that makes sure all your basic medical and insurance needs are covered, as well as other perks to make your working experience as rewarding as possible.
NewPace is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We thank you for your interest in working for NewPace. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Submit an application by email to .