SigMast Communications Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Canada, develops mobile communications software for the world’s largest telephone companies. SigMast is now accepting applications for Software Engineers to work on application system design and development.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate they are:
- a detail-oriented person who can translate business and technical requirements into code;
- self-motivated with the maturity to own and drive problems to their solutions, advocate on behalf of the customer, and embrace innovation; and
- willing to contribute to team success.
This position is based out of our Bedford, N.S. office, but it may require international travel. Due to our need to support a wide geographic area, candidates who are proficient in a language other than English are encouraged to highlight their linguistic capabilities and any international experience.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent experience
- UNIX operating systems
- Network programming (TCP and UDP)
- Databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra)
- Web application servers (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, Websphere)
- Telecommunications protocols (e.g. SIP, RCS, RTP, ISUP, TCAP, Diameter)
- Source code control systems (e.g. Git, CVS, SVN, Mercurial, ClearCase)
- Object-oriented analysis and design
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Completing software analysis, design, development, testing, and documentation with little supervision.
- Troubleshooting software issues and implementing fixes while under time pressure.
- Assisting management with project scoping and scheduling.
- Collaboration with other internal groups such as Product Testing, Security, Database Administration, and System Administration.
- Application support and deployment of applications and systems.
Compensation & Benefits
SigMast considers competitive salaries as part of an overall compensation strategy. Salary levels are tied to your experience, role within the company, and the general market. Comprehensive benefits are important to attract qualified individuals to SigMast. To remain competitive within the industry, and to ensure that you remain with us, we offer a competitive benefits package that covers your basic medical and insurance needs.
SigMast is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Submit an application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest in working for SigMast. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SigMast helps people connect and communicate in new and powerful ways
SigMast Communications Inc. researches and develops Rich Communication Service (RCS) solutions for mobile network operators around the world. Having developed large‐scale VoIP products and implemented global instant messaging products, the SigMast team has substantial experience in telecommunications development and operations. The organization services a wide variety of global clients with significant expertise in delivering robust, scalable, and highly available telecom solutions.